PLATELET RICH PLASMA THERAPY
Talk with Your Chiropractor about Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy for Injury Treatment
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) uses elements of your own blood plasma, injected into an injury site as medicine to accelerate the healing and regeneration of damaged tissues. It is helpful for sprains, strains, joint pain and many other conditions. Talk with your doctor at any of our 7 BackFit Health + Spine locations in Phoenix, Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, Queen Creek, Tempe and Chandler-Ocotillo to determine if this revolutionary treatment would be beneficial for you.
How does Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy Work?
After evaluating your condition, your BackFit Health + Spine Physician may recommend Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy to be performed by our medical providers. Here’s how it works:
- We draw between 30 and 60 milliliters of your blood.
- We spin the blood in the lab centrifuge for about 15 minutes while you wait. This concentrates a layer of growth factor and platelet rich plasma from the rest of your blood.
- An ultrasound exam locates the scar tissue or injury inside the tendon, ligament, muscle or joint.
- We inject your platelet-rich plasma directly into the damaged tissue.
The concentrated platelets and growth factor from your plasma stimulate collagen production and deliver nutrients needed to reduce scar tissue and bolster regeneration of healthy tissue. Rejections and allergic reactions from PRP therapy are unheard of because the medicine comes from your own blood!
What Conditions Does PRP Therapy Treat?
The following injuries and conditions respond very well to PRP:
- Tendonitis (Wrist, rotator cuff, patellar, Achilles, ankle, hip, etc.)
- Sprains/Ligament injury (shoulder, knee, elbow, ankle, hip, wrist, etc.)
- Osteoarthritis (knee, hip, shoulder, hand, elbow, wrist, ankle, etc.)
- Spine conditions (degenerative disc disease, facet arthritis)
This list is by no means exhaustive; more successful applications of platelet rich plasma therapy are being studied and applied daily.
PRP Therapy Complements Chiropractic Care for Accelerated Injury Healing
At our 7 BackFit Health + Spine locations in Phoenix, Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, Queen Creek, Tempe and Chandler-Ocotillo our healthcare team often combines chiropractic care, medical care and physical therapy in addition to a host of complementary techniques such as PRP therapy. Our ultimate goal for each patient is to find the unique combination of therapies that provides them fast, lasting pain relief and long-term healing that empowers them to achieve the active lives they want to live.