Migraines are no joking matter. Those that suffer from these horrible headaches know just how painful they can be. While it often seems like there is no relief in sight, the team at BackFit Health + Spine in Phoenix, Arizona wants you to know that there are treatments that can help with your chronic migraine headaches and that we are here to help!
Why Do We Get Migraines?
Migraine headaches are different from a normal type of headache, as the pain can last for as little as a few hours or as long as a few days. Migraines are caused by the constriction of blood vessels in the brain with an immediate dilation. This rapid increase makes your blood pressure to quickly rise, which causes the terrible headache pain we feel. These painful headaches typically make the victim sensitive to light and sound and can even nausea in extreme cases.
Migraines happen for different reasons for different people and vary in symptoms and causes. Here are some of the most common causes of migraine headaches:
Common Migraine Headache Causes
- Injury or Whiplash
- High blood pressure
- Misaligned bones of the neck and back
- Change of seasons
- Food additives
- Prescription medication side effects
Effective Migraine Treatment Methods in Arizona
Before migraines can be effectively treated, it is important to first discover the cause of the headaches so the right treatment can be provided. Our team of medical providers, chiropractors, physical therapists, and massage therapists at BackFit Health + Spine in Phoenix, AZ will work together to address the causes of your headaches to provide the most comprehensive, lasting migraine relief treatment available.
Chiropractic care has been proven to be very effective for migraine relief and the team at BackFit Health + Spine in Phoenix, Arizona can help you achieve the pain relief you desire. We offer the MiRx® Protocol for the treatment of migraine headaches. This revolutionary treatment lasts 4-6 weeks and includes:
- Chiropractic Care – By addressing subluxations in the spine and soft tissue damage with massage and physical therapy, underlying headache triggers can be identified.
- Physical Therapy — Soft tissue and tense muscles causing strain in the upper back, shoulders, neck, head and facial area can be relaxed and soothed to relieve pain.
- Medical Care — Our goal is to reduce the need for prescription medication and to look to a more natural solution for headache relief.
- Diagnostic Testing — The use of X-Rays, CT’s or other advanced imaging can be used to pinpoint areas that may be the cause of migraines.
- Lab Testing — Testing for food allergies, environmental, and blood/skin issues may be performed to determine headache triggers for each individual.
Chiropractic Care in Phoenix, Arizona Can Relieve Your Migraine Headaches
Do you feel like you’ve exhausted your options when it comes to managing your migraine pain? Chiropractic care is proven to be very effective for relieving headache pain. The experienced team at BackFit Health + Spine in Phoenix, Arizona will work with you to find the cause of your migraines so you can finally achieve relief.
BackFit Health + Spine invites you to contact one of our Phoenix, Arizona area locations today for a complimentary assessment for the relief of migraine headaches. Give us a call at 1-877- BACKFIT or reach us online here.