How Chiropractors Are Reducing Healthcare Costs
Aching neck and back pain is all too common in our society. In fact, two-thirds of our country has sought relief for this pain- that is the majority of us! First things first, if you have pain in your neck or back, no need to sound the alarm. It is uncomfortable, but it is common and treatable.
One matter to which you will want to pay attention to is your treatment plan. Pain manifests differently in everyone, and there are different approaches to remedying aches and chronic discomfort. Our first reaction is often to rush to our primary physician. However, scheduling a visit to the doctor does not always yield the most successful or affordable results.
Lately, more people are turning to a chiropractic physical therapy to cut down on healthcare costs. Whoa – let’s back up a minute. That is a big association to draw. How exactly does a chiropractor reduce medical costs?
- Chiropractors are less likely to prescribe aggressive treatments. This would include any type of surgery or long-term medication, both of which ring at high price tags.
- Chiropractic care reduces hospitalizations amongst back pain patients
- Chiropractors reduce back surgeries
- Chiropractic care reduces the cost of medical imaging, including X-rays and MRIs. The need to image patients is must less, as the chiropractor or therapist takes a different, less invasive approach to healing.
- Chiropractors are trained to offer organized, integrated approaches to back pain. A chiropractor can work with the patient to determine where lifestyle choices can be changed, where supplements can be added to round out nutrition and how physical therapy might be used to rehabilitate before surgery is necessary.
- Chiropractors are so well and specifically trained that there is little need for experimental medicine or treatment plans. During your chiropractic physical therapy, your chiro will know what type of exercise to prescribe and get you on a program that allows for the safest, most successful recovery. Resolving the pain in one sweep helps save money down the road, too. In the majority of cases, no long-term medications are necessary, and no complications from the invasive procedure will arise.
For most of us, affordability of a treatment plan is one of, if not the most important factors in determining how to get on track in a healthy routine. Thankfully, seeking physical therapy for injuries and optimal physical function is cost effective.
Today, seeing a chiropractor might be second nature. Most of us have been in for an appointment or know someone who has. A few decades ago, scheduling a time to see a chiropractor was not easy. Patients were required to have a direct referral from a physician, blatantly stating that seeking an alternative medical route was necessary. It was a slow, state-by-state fight to allow all patients access to chiropractors. Today, patients in all fifty states are free to see physical therapists and related professionals.
Many limitations still exist, but legislation continues to grant more responsibility to chiropractors, allowing more patients the affordable option for their healthcare. As more patients opt for chiropractic treatment, the word about the alternative healing option increases and chiropractors are able to help more people regain comfort in their everyday lives.
Whatever your choice of medical care is, it is important to remember that you have options! Seek advice from a practitioner to discuss which type of healthcare is most suitable for you. If you are curious about the chiropractic physical therapy we provide at BackFit Health, come into one of our locations. Meet with our staff and see what this alternative therapy is all about.
More About BackFit
Do you want to know more? Explore our locations, treatments, or our new patient offering below or contact one of the BackFit staff members to have your questions answered.