HERNIATED DISC THERAPY
Visit Us for Bulging Disc Treatment
Your intervertebral discs are fibrous, gel-filled shock absorbers that cushion your vertebrae, enable your spine to bend and allow nerves to pass from the spinal cord out to the rest of your body. A bulging disc or protruding disc injury can cause excruciating pain. Fortunately, your BackFit Health + Spine chiropractor in Phoenix, Gilbert, Tempe, Chandler, Queen Creek, Mesa or Chandler-Ocotillo can repair underlying structural problems and provide treatment options for long-term bulging disc treatment and healing.
What is a Protruding Disc or Bulging Disc Injury?
Healthy discs’ edges should sit in line with the vertebrae they cushion. A sudden injury or long-term poor posture habits can misalign the vertebrae, making them compress discs, so their fibrous outer coverings weaken and bulge, making a condition referred to as protruding disc, as the disc moves outside of its normal bounds.
Depending on the extent of the protrusion, a bulging disc may or may not cause pain. But if left untreated, i.e. if you don’t receive bulging disc treatment, it can progress into a painful herniated disc—a situation in which the fibrous disc covering cracks open, allowing some of the inner jelly-like nucleus to slip out and press harder on the nerves. Sciatica, for example, can be one symptom of a bulging or herniated disc in the lower back. Then, herniated disc treatment needs to be applied.
Chiropractic Care Treatment Options for Bulging Disc Pain Relief
Regular chiropractic care checkups at our chiropractic clinic can catch protruding and bulging discs before they become more painful herniated discs. And your chiropractor can successfully and non-surgically provide treatment and relief for both situations. These are just a few of your disc pain relief options at BackFit Health + Spine:
- Chiropractic Care—Your chiropractor, corrects spinal alignment and relieves pressure from discs and pinched nerves, providing welcome pain relief.
- Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression—Highly-targeted traction forces gently reshape and rehabilitate protruding, bulging and herniated discs to provide long-term internal healing.
- Massage Therapy—Massage relieves pain from related muscle tightness and spasms while re-conditioning the spine’s supporting soft tissues.
- Physical Therapy—PT helps you strengthen and retrain your core muscles to help you maintain correct posture and prevent future disc injury and pain.
- Medical Care—As you undergo chiropractic and other therapies to heal a bulging disc, our medical team can provide immediate pain relief options to improve your quality of life right now.
Don’t suffer from bulging disc pain any longer! Contact us today and we’ll help you schedule an appointment with the BackFit Health + Spine Chiropractor nearest you in Phoenix, Gilbert, Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Queen Creek and Chandler-Ocotillo.