Spine health is one of the most recent health concerns in modern world. The spine may be damaged and distorted due to wrong sitting or standing position or slouching habit. Slouching is a bad pose, which is a result of sitting too much in front of the computer or a fashionable trend that the youth generation is adopting, but the ugly truth is that it is one of the main reasons that cause spinal problems. While most of us can find solutions to back pain problems by simply doing some good exercises at home, spinal problems are much more complicated. It is harder to cure and it can start as early as at the age of 29. The spine is one of the essential parts the central nerve system, which does the daily communication between your brain and your body’s parts. The unhealthy spine may cause disruption of the whole nerve system as well as produce numerous unexpected symptoms such as pain, numbness, uncontrollable arms and legs’ movement, breath crippling, impaired digestion and uncontrollable of the bowel and bladder. In this article, you will be exposed how to straighten spine naturally with exercises and tips to improve your spinal health effectively.
I. How To Straighten Spine Naturally – Common Problems Of Posture And Quick Solutions:
Slumping your shoulders does not just make you look like one of the human’s long-extinct ancestors, and if you do not stand up with proper posture, no exercise can give you the straight spine as desired. The reason is because, over time, incorrect posture leaves a serious toll on your back, knees, hips, and shoulders. Actually, it may lead to several structural flaws that contribute to joint and back pain, compromised muscles, and reduced flexibility – the major factors that can limit your ability to build strength and burn fat. However, you can deal with and eliminate all these matters and concerns by taking the easy test to check out if your posture is right, then making use of some great exercises to straighten spine and correct spine I am giving below to get your curves moving in the right direction, fix your back, and soothe any related pain. Here are some of the most common problems of posture and how you can fix them well right at home without making any mistake or meeting any difficulty.
1. Duck Feet:
This is the very first common problem related to human’s posture that many people are struggling with, and there are some good exercises to straighten back and improve this ugly posture that can be easily practiced at home.
Your hip flexors and oblique muscles are weak.
How to fix:
With your feet resting on a stability ball, you will need to get into a pushup position. Then, tuck your knees while using the feet to roll the ball toward your body under the torso without rounding the lower back. After that, back to the starting position. Apply this exercise with 2 – 3 sets for 6 – 12 times on a daily basis for good results as desired.
Duck feet is really a terrible problem that affects not only your spine but also your whole posture. Fix it!
2. Pigeon Toes:
Weak glutes (butt muscles)
How to fix:
With your heels together and your knees bent 90 degrees, lie on one side of your body. Keep your hips still while separating the knees as a clamshell and raising the top knee upward. Pause for 5 seconds, and then lower the knee to the starting position. Apply this exercise with 2 – 3 sets for 6 – 12 times on a daily basis for good results as desired.
This is actually a common problem of posture that affect the posture of your whole body, causing many related problems, such as incorrect spine form, so people who want to learn how to straighten spine naturally need to know this and learn carefully.
3. Elevated Shoulder:
The muscle under your chest (run from the ribs to the shoulder blades) is weak.
How to fix:
In a chair, you will need to sit upright with two hands next to two sides of the hip, arms straight, and palms down on the seat. Push down on the chair with the hips lifting up off the seat without moving your arms; and keep the torso rising. Hold for 5 seconds. Apply this exercise with 2 – 3 sets for 6 – 12 times on a daily basis for good results as desired.
4. Anterior Pelvic Tilt:
This is also another common problem of human posture that people who want to have good and confident look without worrying about how to straighten spine or how to correct their posture in general should learn carefully.
Tight hip flexors
How to fix:
With your knee bent and your right foot on the floor in front of your body, kneel on your left knee. Until you feel your left hip stretched, press forward. On your left side, tighten the butt muscles until you feel the front of your hip comfortably stretched. Use your left arm to reach upward and stretch it to the right side. Hold on for about 30 seconds. Apply this exercise with 3 sets for each side on a daily basis for good results as desired.
5. Rounded Shoulders:
This is also a common problem of posture that can also affect the form of your back and spine negatively, thus I recommend a wonderful out of the best exercises to straighten spine and improve the form of the shoulders greatly that people should try at home.
Weakness in the middle and lower parts of your trapezius (the large muscle that spans your shoulders and back)
How to fix:
Lie your body with your face down on the floor, with each arm in the high-5 position at a 90-degree angle. By squeezing your shoulder blades together and pulling your shoulders back, raise both your two arms without changing your elbow angle. Hold for 5 seconds. Apply this exercise with 3 sets for each side on a daily basis for good results as desired.
6. Forward Head:
This is the last but also very serious problem of posture that people need to fix right away if they want to get better look and learn how to straighten spine and neck.
Stiff muscles in the back of the neck
How to fix:
Moving your head only, while stretching the back of your neck, drop the chin down and in toward your sternum. Hold for 5 seconds. Apply this exercise with 3 sets for each side and repeat the exercise 10 times on a daily basis for good results as desired.
II. How To Straighten Your Back And Spine – Simple Ways To Assess Your Posture:
Wear something that very fit your body and take 2 photos of your full body — one from the side and one from the front. Stand as tall as possible with your muscles relaxed and your feet hip-width apart. After that, refer to the fix-it plan to figure out the posture problems you and your body are facing.
• Check out and find out whether or not you are duck-footed: if you see your toes pointing outward more than 10 degrees, your are getting this problem.
• Check out the kneecaps: If they point inward, making your knees touch when the legs are straightened, you actually have to deal with the problem right away.
• Check out your shoulders: they should not appear with one side higher than the other.
• If you have a belly pooch (even if you are not fat or overweight with a little extra fat) and your hips tilt forward, while your lower spine is significantly arched, you are actually struggling with the anterior pelvic tilt problem but you do not know about it.
• If you can see your shoulder blade, your back is actually too rounded.
• Check out your ear: If it is in front of your shoulder’s middle point, your head is too far forward.
III. Some Good Postures That Can Help On How To Straighten Your Back Naturally:
As already mentioned and discussed, correcting poor postures is essential and crucial for determining where improvement is necessary. For example, when you sit in an office chair. Next, patients need to work on changing their routines and habits daily and thereby correcting the related areas. This will be able to help in improving and providing a great support to your back and over time it will help in decreasing back pain. You will need to spend some efforts and perseverance on doing this, and it seems to be a necessariness when it comes to a little unnatural support initially. Commonly, people might feel uncomfortable, and even sometimes they feel a little taller, but over time the new correct postures will seem to be more comfortable and natural.
Here are a few of good guidelines and tips on how to get in right postures and ergonomics and how to straighten your back naturally at home and at the workplace.
1. Sleeping Posture With Pillows And Mattresses:
- If you sleep on the side, you should relatively have a flat pillow placed between your legs. This will help to keep your spine straight and aligned.
- Consider putting under your neck with a rolled-up towel and a pillow under your knees to support your spine better.
- Use a pillow to give your shoulders and head proper alignment and support.
- Sleeping on the back or side is usually more comfortable for your back compared to sleeping on your tummy.
- It is generally best for proper back to use a relatively firm mattress to support them, although individual preference is very crucial.
- When you need to carry backpack along, avoid rounding your shoulders or leaning forward. If the weight feels like too much, you need to think about making use of a rolling backpack with wheels.
- When carrying a purse or a backpack, remember to keep it as light as you can, and as much as possible balance the weight on your both sides, or alternate from side to side
- If you need to carry something with one arm, remember to frequently switch your arms
- Keep the object close to your chest when carrying what a large or heavy object
- If it is needed to help in keeping good posture while lifting, you should get a supportive belt.
- Use the large stomach and leg muscles for lifting instead of using your lower back
- Always remember to bend at your knees, not your waist
3. Driving Posture:
- The headrest should support your head’s middle point and area for keeping it upright. Tilt the headrest forward if you can so that you will be able to ensure that the head-to-headrest distance would not be more than 4 inches.
- The seat needs to be a sufficient and suitable distance from the steering wheel to the pedals to avoid reaching or leaning forward
- To get proper back support, you need to sit with your back firmly against the seat
4. Walking Posture:
- Keep your both shoulders properly aligned with the rest of your body
- Avoid pushing your head forward
- Keep your head up and your eyes need to look straight ahead
This is also one of the best tips on how to straighten your back that I want to reveal in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and remember to apply for good!
5. Standing Posture:
- With your shoulders and bottom touching the wall, stand against a hard wall. In this position, you should also keep the back of your head touching the wall – if it does not, your head is carried to far forward (anterior head carriage).
- If you have to stand for a long time period, rock from heels to toes or shift weight from 1 foot to the other.
- Stand tall straight with your shoulders upright
- Ensure that your head is not pushed out forward yet square on top of the spine
- Tuck your chin in a little so that you will be able to keep your head at the proper level
- Avoid locking your knees
- Allow your arms to naturally hang down the sides of your body
- Keep your feet slightly apart, about shoulder-width
- Stand not with weight on the heels yet with weight mostly on the balls of your feet,
6. Sitting Posture For Office Chairs:
This is also one of the best tips on how to straighten your back fast and naturally without having to practice any exercises to straighten spine that you and my other readers should consider making use as frequently as possible.
- Do not sit in a single place for too long, even in an ergonomic office chair that provides good back support. You should stand up and walk around as well as stretching your hands, legs, and back as needed
- Sit in the office chair with your shoulders straight
- Keep both your feet flat on the floor. If there is a problem that your feet cannot reach the floor comfortably, you should make use of a footrest along with your office chair
- You should keep your knees even with your hips or slightly higher than your hip when you are sitting in the office chair.
- When you sit on an office chair at a desk, you should flex your arms at a 75 to 90 degree angle at your elbows. If this is not your exact case, you can adjust the office chair accordingly.
- For long term sitting; for example, in an office chair, you need to make sure that the chair is designed ergonomically so that it can support your back properly and that it is a custom fit.
- You need to make sure that your back would be aligned against the back of your office chair. Avoid leaning forward or slouching, especially when you have been sitting in the office chair for a long period of time and are feeling tired.
IV. Improve Spinal Health With The Best Exercises To Straighten Spine And Natural Tips On How To Straighten Your Back:
It is very necessary and important for anyone to remember and keep in mind that an overall reason leading bad posture is the tense of muscles, which would pull your body out of the alignment. There are a lot of certain effective exercises to straighten your spine that can help in stretching and relaxing the major and most important muscles of your back. Some people discover that meditation and any other form of mental healthy exercises could be very useful for relaxing the muscle system of human’s back. And, many people find out some remedies and activities like massage therapy, Tai Chi, yoga, and many other exercise routines that should be performed regularly, or treatments like osteopathic or chiropractic manipulation, etc. to be useful with both posture improvement and awareness, and muscle relaxation as well.
1. Open Shoulder Pose
This is the very first out of the best exercises to straighten spine and back that I would like to reveal in this section of the article to help you and any other readers who want to learn how to straighten spine naturally at home without making use of expensive yet harmful methods such as drugs, pills, or some medical intervention, or even a surgery.
Yoga is one of the most helpful exercises that many women are following. If you want to know how to straighten spine and find out the most bodyweight exercise at home, you can try to perform this pose.
- You lay your belly on the ground.
- Put your left arm for 90 degree from the body.
- Face your palm up.
- Press your right hand under the shoulder.
- Bend your right knee and reach the right toe.
- To reach your right arm to the ceiling, you can fall down your hand to the ground and keep it as long as you can.
- Also, you can make your right hand touch the left and breathe well.
- If you want to change the side, do it slowly.
2. Open Your Shoulder On The Blocks
This is very simple exercise that you can do at home because you do not have to prepare lots of materials or tools to support your exercises. Simply, you can put two blocks in front of you and put the elbows on those blocks. Stress your hands as the position of a prayer, release the head between two blocks and turn the prayer to the back. Keep this position for 10 breaths.
3. Straighten Spine With Arms
This movement requires the combination of the shoulder and arms and it also can imporove your flexibility
- The beginning position is to kneel.
- Next reach the left arm to the ceiling.
- Bend the elbow until the left arm fall to the shoulders.
- Get the right hand to reach the left elbow and deepen your shoulder, open it but do not push or press it.
- Count for five breaths and lean the back slightly.
- Change the hands and repeat the steps.
In fact, this is one of the best and most effective tips on how to straighten spine naturally that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want you and my readers to learn and make use as soon as possible!
4. Open Shoulder With Standing Pose
This exercise is also good for your spine and you should add into the tips of how to straighten spine with yoga poses.
- Stand up.
- Clasp the hands behind the sacrum, soften it through the knees and fold it forward.
- You should stay this position for ten deep breaths.
5. Open Shoulder With Wall
- Put the forearms on the wall and keep it parallel to the height of the lower shoulder.
- Keep the shoulder and elbows far.
- Step back to make your head relax between your arms.
- Keep this position for 5 breaths.
6. Fish Pose
Wondering how to straighten spine quickly, you should try this pose at home. The steps are:
- Sit down and put a medium-height block behind.
- Now you can rest on the blocks and regulate the place you put on the body there until you feel comfortable. Make sure that your arms are also resting on it.
- Keep this pose for five deep breaths.
In brief, practicing the fish pose is one of the simplest to apply yet most effective tips on how to straighten spine naturally and fast that I would like to reveal in this article and people who want to learn how to get taller need to learn and make use as soon as possible!
7. Needle Pose
- Firstly, reach the left arm under the body and allow the left shoulder release to the floor.
- Put your right hand over the head.
- Keep the pose and breathe for 10 times.
- Change the side and repeat the steps.
8. Twist Pose
This is also a good and health yoga exercise that can help people who want to learn how to straighten spine naturally at home without using any type of drugs, pills, and medications achieve their goal and dream of getting their back straight again, making them more confident when showing off in public and get more success in life.
Obviously, learning how to straighten spine naturally, along with eating foods, having healthy lifestyle, you need to have a good plan of exercises every day. This is another yoga pose we suggest you do.
- Sit down and keep your legs long in front of you.
- Bend the left knee and put the left food out of the right knee.
- Hug the right arm around the left leg and put the left hand on the floor behind the sacrum.
- Keep this position for 2 deep breaths and change the side.
9. Mountain Pose
It is a mistake if we do not list mountain pose in this article. That is very easy exercise to do at home and you can follow the instructions:
- Stand tall; keep your feet hip wide apart and the toes point toward.
- Cull the belly in toward the spine to help your lower back and curve it naturally.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed.
- Mound the head on the top of your spine.
- Keep the arms straight along with the body.
This is also one of the best exercises to straighten spine and tips on how to straighten spine naturally proper for both men and women that I want to list down in this section of the entire article.
10. Good Posture Is Significant
Well, I can’t blame everyone for not maintaining a good posture since bad pose such as slouching is unquestionably a major factor that contribute to your spinal problem. Sometimes, we unintentionally slouch due to long hour working in front of the computer or sitting in the office for too long. Slouching will give us temporary comfort and relaxation but we can literally notice that at the same time, it is giving us spinal problems. At this point, you may come up with a question that what defines a good posture. The definition is very important because you yourself can fix your spinal problem by making your body adapt to correct posture.
A correct posture is when your head and ears are parallel to the shoulders, your shoulders blades are retracted a bit while your back and spinal are straightened up. The correct posture will lighten the spinal stress and help you avoid back pain problems.
The experts from San Francisco State University have discovered the interrelationship between poor posture and depression, while many researchers have proven that stooping and slouching are significantly associated with a bunch of diseases such as heart burn, depression, overweight, and respiratory functions.
So, how to straighten spine naturally? By correcting your posture, you can automatically gain a lot of benefits such as taller appearance, deeper breath, elevate your overall energy and enhance your body performance.
11. Deep Breathing Can Give An Unexpected Result
Nobody knows that a breathing exercise can give your spine a miracle effect. Well, if you have ever done Yoga exercises, you may be familiar with this. Deep breathing exercise will allow the nerves to function more effectively in the spinal channels. You can start this exercise by placing your hand on your abdominal area and pay attention to the elasticity of your stomach as you inhale and exhale. You can do this exercise daily and as much as possible because it is easy, simple as it does not give any side effects.
12. Exercises That Help You Strengthen Your Core And Joints
Another thing that people who want to learn how to straighten spine naturally and fast at home should do for good is practicing exercises to straighten spine on a regular basis. This is actually one of the most useful tips on how to straighten your back that almost everyone in the world knows and do not skip!
Workouts and exercises daily are all you need for a strong spine. If you are a busy type, just 10 minutes of spine strengthening exercises every day will solve your spinal problems. Exercises such as neck stretch, bending can dramatically improve your spinal health. If you have a personal trainer, I guess he may also ask you to perform some exercises with weights, which are proven to give you better spinal health within 1 month. I recommend you to try out those exercises such as downward dog, or push up. The downward dog exercise requires you to open up your chest and stretch your spine while push up exercise does not only strengthen your spine but also add muscle on your arms and shoulders.
Let me introduce to you 3 handy spine strengthening exercises, that you can practice anywhere you like. The exercises aim to strengthen the core muscle groups that hold the spine straight and support the nervous system along the spine. These muscle groups are located in the upper back, lower back, as well as sides of your spine and they, are called the erector spine muscles. Before we learn the exercise, I have one important reminder for those people, who are suffering from osteoporosis. Please do not bend your spine forward because it will add more pressure on your spine.
13. Exercise 1 – Neck Press Against Resistance
- Lie your body on a mattress with a pillow under head.
- Bend the head down to straighten the spine. Don’t bend too much, only stop as long as you can feel a mild stretch down your spine.
- Chin is tucked in and head facing upward.
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds and then relax for 3-4 seconds.
- Repeat these for 10 times until your neck muscles get tired.
- You can do this 2-3 times daily.
- You need to focus while doing this exercise because any jerk or sudden movement may render you sprained.
- Once you are familiar with this exercise, you will find it easy to handle.
In fact, this is also one of the most interesting and useful tips on how to straighten spine naturally at home that people should not look down but remember to learn and make use for good!
14. Exercise 2 – Strengthening Extensor Muscles
- You begin the exercise with standing posture.
- Place the rubber ball behind your upper back.
- Distance your feet away from the wall to achieve body balance.
- Use your feet and legs to push your body against the wall while keeping your spine and hips in the same position.
- The anchor point acts as a pivot as being shown in the pictures.
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds and take a break for 2 seconds after that.
- You can repeat this exercise for 20 times every day
This is also a good tip on how to straighten spine naturally at home that is simple to follow yet will bring about good results as desired within a very short time period so that people should not skip but try to learn and practice it on a regular basis to achieve straight spine and back after all.
15. Exercise 3 – Chest Raises From Prone
- This is an advanced exercise that you may take quite sometimes to be able to do it. Well but if you are able to lie on your stomach easily, you are qualified to do this one.
- You start the exercise by lying on the floor face down supported by your stomach.
- If you encounter difficulty in lifting your head, I recommend that you may put a pillow under the abdominal area. It will make it easier to lift the head up.
- While keeping the head and shoulder straight, you can slowly lift up the head and hold that pose for 5 seconds.
- Rest for 2 seconds and repeat the exercise.
- I know many of you still can’t lift the head and chest up even with the help of the pillow. My advice is to keep trying because you are just not familiar with the exercise yet.
16. Good Diet Makes A Difference
Another out of the best and most necessary to know tips on how to straighten spine naturally and fast at home for both men and women at all ages that I would like to introduce in this entire article is following a healthy and proper diet.
The spine health always remains a mystery to many people as they may think that exercise is the only way to enhance the spinal strength. Well, that is just so wrong because a good diet plays a key role in giving your spine necessary nutrition and nourishment. A perfect example of how a good diet should be a meal that consists of lean proteins, fresh fruits, vegetables as well as healthy fat. The diet also gives you side benefits such as lean muscle and good immune system. Besides, if you really care about your spinal health, I recommend you to go for supplementary products such as multivitamin tablets, which come with B-complex and Omega-3s formula. These formulas are scientifically proven to give you a decent release of spinal pain.
17. Get Some Exposures To The Sun Every Day
Somewhat I can say the effect of the sun on the spine is magical but I know many of you out there do not know about this fact. The sunlight contains energy which is proven to rejuvenate your body as well as stimulate your body to stand up straight. Additionally, the sunlight is a rich source of vitamin D, which is essential for strong bones. That means through the body manufacturing process, your spinal column should get an adequate amount of vitamin D under the sunlight exposure. You are recommended to spend 10-20 minutes in sunlight daily.
18. Schedule Your Sleep
Another out of the most wonderful yet also simplest tips on how to straighten spine naturally at home for both men and women at all ages that I really want to provide in this article is that you just need to sleep soundly and in a certain time every day and avoid getting sleep disorders.
Sleep is another fundamental factor that contributes to spinal health. Research shows that inadequate sleep may trigger the cause of neck and back problems. The strength of the bone, as well as the whole body energy level, depends very much on whether you have enough sleep. An amount of 6-8 hour of sleeping is highly recommended. People who have a poor sleeping routine potentially have a lot more relates to spine and nerve system diseases.
The sleeping position is also a factor that cannot be overlooked. In fact, wrong sleeping positions can easily lead to spine problem as it may add more pressure on your spine. I recommend you to stick with soldier or freefall sleeping positions consistently since these 2 sleeping positions will give you the most comfort and relaxation.
If you are not familiar with those suggested sleeping positions, we recommend that you should take sometimes to design a proper sleeping sanctuary and include features such as good air conditioner or special doors and windows that provide light elimination and sound insulation. You may think of getting good sleeping gears such as pillow and good mattress to get adequate support on your back.
- Free fall sleeping position
- Soldier sleeping position
19. Meditation – Add Salt To Your Spine Strengthening Process
In fact, this is the last but very important tip on how to straighten spine naturally at home for both men and women at all ages that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use for good! In fact, this is one of the best exercises to straighten spine that everyone should learn and apply as soon as possible.
Besides common benefits that meditation can bring to you such as improve your productivity, increase your alertness, rejuvenate your body and prolong life, there is one another benefit, which is not well known by many people. It can help you straighten up your spine. It is because when people engage in deep meditation, they tend to focus on their core and somehow straighten their spine.
One more thing that you and my other readers should do after reading my writing today and learning the natural tips on how to straighten spine faster and natural is that you should spend time reading another similar article that also reveals the best tips on how to straighten your back and achieve better appearance by dealing with some common back pain problems – the How To Treat Back Pain And Some Common Spine Related Condition Naturally At Home article. This is actually a writing revealing a wonderful gathering of many useful and safe tips, tricks, home remedies, tips, and techniques people can make use at home that helps anyone who wants to learn how to straighten spine naturally to achieve good results as desired. The methods released in this recommended article are very simple to follow and proven 100% natural, as well as safe for people at all age without requiring for any type of expensive yet possibly dangerous drugs, pills, or medications. In fact, the home remedies, tips, and techniques that this article introduces will help you get desired results without causing any side effect that can harm your health and within a very short period of time. Therefore, you should spend time this article and allow it to help you.