What is the MiRx® Headache Protocol?
The MiRx Protocol is a headache and migraine treatment program. It is designed to treat a large variety of facial pain and head pain.
The Protocol is made up of two parts:
- Medical component: a spray of local anesthetic, usually lidocaine, to the Sphenopalatine Ganglion (SPG), a nerve cluster in the nasal cavity. This is done with the TX360® applicator, which is not a needle.
- Physical component: physical therapy, ergonomic and lifestyle changes, dietary changes, chemical imbalances, etc.
The first part stops the pain reaction directly through the nervous system. The second part rehabilitates any underlying conditions so the need for future medical treatments are reduced or eliminated.
As noted above, the MiRx applicator is not a needle but a simple nasal spray. The TX360 nasal applicator is a soft, flexible filament that sprays the anesthetic agent directly onto the SPG. The SPG is located deeper inside the nasal cavity where a normal nasal spray cannot reach.
The physical component may include weight loss options, cranial sacral therapy, myofascial release, chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, and more options. This helps provide long-term head pain, facial pain, and migraine relief.
The MiRx Protocol is an excellent alternative to pain medication, which can be costly, have dangerous side effects, and often only masks the pain. Most patients report a reduction or elimination of pain with the nasal applicator within 2 to 8 seconds.
MiRx is FDA approved and only available from select practitioners. It has been clinically proven to provide long-term reduction in frequency, duration, and level of pain. This includes up to total elimination of headaches, migraines, and facial pain. MiRx is also safe for use on pregnant women.
What types of pain relief does the MiRx® Protocol provide?
Scientists and doctors have known for over 100 years that headaches, migraines, and facial pain is controlled by the SPG nerve cluster. The challenge has been reaching this nerve cluster in a non-invasive way. The MiRx Protocol accomplishes this painlessly and quickly.
MiRx works to treat classic migraines (with auras), common migraines (without auras), and other types of headaches, head pain, and facial pain. This includes:
- Basilar artery: Hormonal deviation migraines, often associated with menstruation. It can cause incoherence and loss of balance.
- Hemiplegic: Similar to the sensation of a stroke, this migraine can cause dizziness, numbness, and temporary paralysis to one side of the body.
- Ophthalmoplegic: Also the sign of an aneurysm, this migraine temporarily paralyzes the ocular muscles with vision fluctuations.
- Retinal: Also known as an ocular migraine, in only one eye you will see flashes of light, zigzag patterns, shimmering spots, or blindness. May be accompanied by numbness on the face or head.
- Status migrainosus: Also called an intractable migraine, this is a migraine that lasts longer than 72 hours, accompanied by pain and nausea. Hospitalization may be required, especially for dehydration if vomiting is constant.
It is also designed to treat tension headaches, cluster headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, atypical face pain, and cervicogenic headaches.
What can I expect during a treatment?
In your first visit, you’ll consult with a health care provider, including a physical exam as needed. If you have not tried other methods, we will recommend even less invasive treatments first, such as chiropractic adjustments. If you have tried other methods without success or your head pain is very severe, you can expect that we’ll recommend MiRx immediately.
For the best long-term migraine relief, we often recommend a MiRx treatment cycle of 2 applications per week for 4 to 6 weeks. If your case is acute, chronic, or you experience immediate results after 1 treatment, we will adjust your treatment plan with you.
Based on your treatment cycle and needs, we will also prescribe a physical component. This will consist of exercises, chiropractic, and other medical services to address the underlying issue that is causing your headaches. We want to help your pain not recur due to triggers or habits.
After the treatment cycle is complete, most patients report a severe reduction in pain or a total elimination of migraines, headaches, and face and head pain. We hope to help you too with these very treatable issues.